Aims and Values
The core values of these editorial procedures are honesty, respect, and trust. Brianna Peterson operates within the framework of these guidelines to maintain the safety and wellbeing of all involved.
These radio features and podcasts are culturally diverse and inclusive and do not discriminate against race, religion, or sexuality. These works maintain a high level of integrity to accurately reflect the voices of all involved. Developing a good relationship with all parties including the interviewees, production staff and the audience is a key objective which is met with the following practices:
- openly communicating with all parties about how the material is used so participants can provide informed consent.
- clearly differentiating between fact and opinion.
- including quotes and comments that have not be edited in a way that would distort their original meaning and accuracy.
- using information, facts and comments in context and in a way that does not intentionally mislead the audience.
- ensuring accurate fact checking including record keeping of records of information drawn from credible sources.
- keeping personal information private and not releasing any sensitive material to any third party.
- considering the potential impact of any published works on audience members.
Working with children
Brianna’s philosophy is child-led, responding to each child’s cues. Brianna is warm and encouraging, but is strictly against pressuring or coercing children to ‘perform’ against their expression. Young children can be vulnerable in the media landscape, so Brianna takes great care to ensure the welfare of the child is first and foremost, above any content objectives. In fulfilling a commitment to providing a voice in the media for young children, the following procedures ensure their safety and wellbeing:
- Brianna Peterson operates in accordance with applicable child protection laws and maintains a current working-with-children check.
- media release/consent forms are to be signed or verbally agreed to during recording by the legal guardian/parent of all children prior to the interview and broadcast.
- children’s identities are protected. Only the first name and age and general location of the child is revealed.
- prior to recording, consent is obtained by the legal parent/guardian and the child.
Pre-recorded interviews on location or via phone. Any post-production editing and sound design adheres to the editorial guidelines set out below. Radio packages may include an introduction and narration, or simply be a true story told by an individual or group in their own words.
All content including raw audio files & recordings remain the sole property of Brianna Peterson. Personal information is not shared with any third parties and all sensitive information is handled with care to protect all individuals.
Sponsorship, funding and donations
Acceptance of any contribution, gift or grant is at the discretion of At Home With Brie Studios. At Home With Brie Studios will not accept any gift unless it can be used or expended consistently with the purpose and mission of the At Home With Brie Podcast. Donations are not exchanged for any editorial content, political or religious motives, or to hold any influence in any way over the production of the program. At Home With Brie Studios remains independent in its media production, adhering to its own ethical and editorial policies available on the website.
At Home With Brie Studios refrains from providing advice about the tax or other treatment of gifts and encourages donors to seek guidance from their own professional advisers to assist them in the process of making their donation.
Certain other gifts, real property, personal property, in-kind gifts, non-liquid securities, and contributions whose sources are not transparent or whose use is restricted in some manner, must be reviewed prior to acceptance due to the special obligations raised or liabilities they may pose for At Home With Brie Studios.
Brianna Peterson adheres to broadcast laws and regulations when recording, editing and broadcasting and does not seek to defame or bring harm to people or organizations. Nor do these radio features or podcasts in any way intend to incite racial or cultural vilification or incite violence.
Some topics may be controversial. These will be handled with sensitivity and respect but some issues might still offend some people.
Independent editorial style
By nature Brianna is an inquisitive and compassionate individual who seeks to understand the nature of humans and why we do the things we do. Her radio features have an objective tone and a lighthearted nature. Even when documenting stories and events with a more serious and dramatic side, she takes care to develop a deeper understanding and not exploit or sensationalise the issue at hand.
In essence, these short features and podcasts aim to broaden our cultural awareness and expose us to ideas, people and ways of living we may not have considered before. These features encourage the listener to make up their own mind and stimulate broader conversation within the community.
In order to maintain a high level of integrity, Brianna consults with a wide range of industry professionals including early education specialists, child psychologists, and public health professionals to ensure the responsibility of broadcast is upheld.
If you have any feedback or questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
All content © Copyright Brianna Peterson 2020